Welcome to our in-depth review of Bunnyshell, a powerful Environments as a Service platform. In this review, we will take a detailed look at Bunnyshell's features, pricing, alternatives, and more. Whether you're a developer in need of self-service development environments or a business looking to scale your infrastructure efficiently, Bunnyshell has solutions for you. Join us as we explore Bunnyshell's offerings and help you make an informed decision. Let's dive in!
Bunnyshell Review: What is Bunnyshell
Bunnyshell is a B2B SaaS product that offers an Environments as a Service platform. It allows users to easily create and manage development, staging, and production environments on Kubernetes for any application. With Bunnyshell, you can free your developers from time-consuming tasks and focus on writing code.
Bunnyshell Review: How can it be used?
- Developers: Bunnyshell enables developers to have self-service development environments on Kubernetes. They can develop and debug locally while running environments remotely in the cloud, eliminating the need for powerful laptops or local Docker. Bunnyshell also provides automatic ephemeral environments with every pull-request, allowing developers to accelerate review cycles and test code before merging with production-like environments.
- Businesses: Bunnyshell helps businesses scale their infrastructure efficiently and cost-effectively. It allows them to create on-demand production-like environments with just one click, enabling instant visibility and faster feedback cycles. Bunnyshell also decreases DevOps dependency, making it easier for businesses to manage their environments.
- Startups: Bunnyshell offers a free plan for early-stage startups. This plan includes self-service support, up to 10 pods, and ephemeral environments. It helps startups save costs while providing them with the necessary tools to build and scale their applications.
Bunnyshell Review: Who is it for?
- Developers: Bunnyshell is ideal for developers who want to have self-service development environments on Kubernetes and focus on writing code.
- Businesses: Bunnyshell is suitable for businesses that want to scale their infrastructure efficiently and decrease DevOps dependency.
- Startups: Bunnyshell's free plan is perfect for early-stage startups that want to save costs while building and scaling their applications.
- Remote Development Environments: Develop and debug locally while running environments remotely in the cloud. No need for powerful laptops or local Docker.
- Automatic Ephemeral Environments: Accelerate review cycles and test code before merging with production-like environments. Code review with full environment and API pipeline integration for automated testing.
- On-demand Production-like Environments: Spin up staging, demo, UAT, or testing environments tailored to any context with just one click. Eliminate bottlenecks and enable instant visibility and faster feedback cycles.
- Developer (Free): Includes 1 user, self-service support, up to 10 pods, and ephemeral environments. No credit card required.
- Business ($99/user/month): Billed yearly. Includes up to 25 users, Helm Charts support, Terraform support, deploy on your K8s clusters, self-hosted build system, private registry integration, and assisted onboarding.
- Enterprise (Custom): Includes unlimited users, audit history, roll-based access control (RBAC), and white-glove onboarding. Custom pricing.
- Rackspace: A cloud management platform that offers similar features and services to Bunnyshell.
- Cloudify: An open-source cloud orchestration framework that allows users to automate and manage their cloud infrastructure.
- Platform9: A managed Kubernetes service that simplifies the deployment and management of Kubernetes clusters.
Bunnyshell Review: Pros & Cons
- Easy to use and set up environments on Kubernetes
- Provides remote development environments, saving costs on powerful laptops
- Automatic ephemeral environments with every pull-request for faster feedback cycles
- On-demand production-like environments for easy testing and collaboration
- Trusted by top developer teams
- Limited free plan options
- Pricing details not fully available on the website
Bunnyshell is a powerful Environments as a Service platform that simplifies the creation and management of development, staging, and production environments on Kubernetes. It offers a range of features to enable developer self-service and accelerate the software development cycle. With its user-friendly interface and trusted reputation, Bunnyshell is a great choice for businesses and developers looking to streamline their environment management. For more in-depth reviews of other SaaS products, check out my blog at saas blog.