TimeControl is a cloud-based timesheet service offered by HMS Software that provides organizations with a comprehensive system for managing time and attendance, project timekeeping, vacation approvals, and more. In this blog post, we will discuss the features and benefits of TimeControl, including time and attendance tracking for employees, project timekeeping and tracking for project managers, and vacation approvals and time-off requests for HR departments. We will also examine the advantages of using TimeControlOnline, HMS Software’s hosted version of the service, which lets you enjoy all the benefits of TimeControl instantly without having to purchase or configure servers, databases, or maintain the system throughout its lifetime.
TimeControl Review: What is TimeControl?
TimeControl is a cloud-based timesheet service offered by HMS Software. It is designed to provide organizations with a comprehensive system for managing time and attendance, project timekeeping, vacation approvals, and more.
TimeControl Review: How can it be used?
TimeControl offers a range of features that can be used by different types of users and organizations. Here are more details about some of these features:
- Time and attendance tracking for employees: TimeControl allows employees to track their hours worked, breaks, and overtime. It also offers features such as timesheet approvals and time off requests.
- Project timekeeping and tracking for project managers: With TimeControl, project managers can track the time spent on each task in a project, monitor progress, and manage budgets. It also offers features such as resource allocation and project invoicing.
- Vacation approvals and time-off requests for HR departments: TimeControl allows HR departments to manage employee absences, approve vacation requests, and track sick leave. It also offers features such as absence reporting and FMLA tracking.
For more information on TimeControl’s features and capabilities, you can visit their Features page.
TimeControl Review: Who is it for?
TimeControl is ideal for organizations of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises. It is particularly useful for organizations that need to manage time and attendance, project timekeeping, and vacation approvals across multiple departments or locations.
TimeControl is a comprehensive time and attendance management system that offers a wide range of features to help organizations manage their timekeeping needs. Here’s a more detailed breakdown of some of the key features:
- Matrix approvals: TimeControl offers a matrix approval process that allows for complex project timekeeping. The matrix approval system is designed to allow for multiple levels of project managers to approve time entries, ensuring that all time is accurately tracked and accounted for.
- Mobile timesheets: With TimeControl's mobile timesheets, remote workers can easily enter their time from anywhere using their smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device. This is a great feature for organizations with a large number of remote workers or for those who need to track time on the go.
- Workflow automation: TimeControl's workflow automation features allow for streamlined processes and improved efficiency. Automated workflows can be set up to handle tasks such as approvals, notifications, and reminders, freeing up time for project managers to focus on other tasks.
- Accrual tracking: TimeControl includes an accrual tracking feature for vacation and sick time. This feature allows organizations to accurately track employee leave time and ensure that employees are being paid for the time they have earned.
- Notifications and tracking: TimeControl offers robust notifications and tracking features for project managers. Notifications can be set up to alert managers when time has been entered or when time has been approved or rejected. Tracking features allow managers to see which tasks are taking the most time and where resources are being allocated.
For more information on TimeControl’s features and capabilities, please visit their Features page.
TimeControl offers a range of pricing packages to meet the needs of different organizations. Here are a few of the key pricing options:
- Basic package: $10 per month per user
- Standard package: $15 per month per user
- Enterprise package: Custom pricing available
Here’s more information about each of the alternatives to TimeControl:
- TSheets by QuickBooks: TSheets is an employee time tracking and scheduling software that can be used for businesses of all sizes. It offers features such as GPS tracking, project tracking, and overtime alerts. TSheets easily integrates with popular payroll and accounting software such as QuickBooks, Xero, and Gusto. Learn more
- Harvest: Harvest is an online time tracking and invoicing tool designed for businesses of all sizes. Features include time tracking, expense tracking, project management, and invoicing. Harvest also integrates with other popular business tools like Asana, Trello, and Basecamp. Learn more
- Journyx: Journyx is a time tracking and resource management software that can be used for businesses of all sizes. It offers features such as project tracking, job costing, and expense tracking. Journyx also integrates with popular payroll and accounting software such as QuickBooks and Sage. Learn more
You can find more information about each of these tools by clicking on the links provided.
TimeControl Review: Pros & Cons
Here are a few of the pros and cons of using TimeControl:
- Comprehensive time and attendance management
- Project timekeeping and tracking features
- Mobile app for remote workers
- Some users may find the interface confusing
- Pricing can be higher than some alternatives
Overall, TimeControl is a powerful tool for managing time and attendance, project timekeeping, and more. It is particularly useful for organizations with complex time and attendance needs or those that need to manage project timekeeping across multiple departments or locations. While there may be some drawbacks to using TimeControl, the benefits far outweigh any potential downsides.
If you’re interested in learning more about TimeControl or other SaaS products, be sure to check out my blog at https://upendravarma.com/blog.