Hey there! Upendra Varma here, and today I'm going to give you an in-depth review of Sendbird. If you're looking for a powerful in-app communication solution, you've come to the right place. So buckle up and let's dive into the world of Sendbird!
Sendbird Review: What is Sendbird
Sendbird is a B2B SaaS product that powers chat and beyond for thousands of companies worldwide. With their in-app communication APIs, you can build dynamic conversational experiences across chat, calls, and live streaming. And the best part? They also offer artificial intelligence capabilities to enhance your customer engagement.
Sendbird Review: How can it be used?
The possibilities are endless with Sendbird! Whether you're looking to boost customer engagement, increase customer conversion, or improve customer satisfaction, Sendbird has got you covered.
Let's say you want to engage and retain your existing customers. With Sendbird's chat, calls, and live streaming APIs and SDKs, combined with artificial intelligence, you can launch world-class in-app conversational experiences in just a few days. This will not only retain your customers but also improve business efficiency.
Or maybe you're looking to drive customer action. Sendbird's branded notifications persist in your app, reaching customers with messages that drive action. These notifications have a 2X higher conversion rate than SMS alone, and at half the cost.
And if you want to provide top-notch customer service, Sendbird's mobile-friendly support with the perfect combination of human touch and artificial intelligence is the way to go. You can maximize your existing CRM system's messaging capabilities with Sendbird integrations.
Sendbird Review: Who is it for?
Sendbird is a versatile tool that can be used by a wide range of users and companies. Here are a few examples:
- E-commerce companies can integrate Sendbird with their shopping cart, payment system, and reviews platform to connect buyers and sellers, and drive more transactions.
- Ride-sharing or delivery apps can use Sendbird to prevent booking cancellations and missteps through always-on communication between customers.
- Retailers can connect buyers and sellers within their mobile app using Sendbird, increasing conversions and engagement while providing better support for customer retention.
- Community sites can use Sendbird to increase engagement and reduce churn within their community while keeping the conversation safe with essential moderation tools.
Now, let's take a closer look at the features that Sendbird offers:
- In-app chat: Sendbird provides powerful chat APIs and SDKs to build immersive chat experiences for your app.
- Voice and video livestreams: With Sendbird, you can enable voice and video livestreams within your app, enhancing the user experience.
- Notifications: Sendbird's branded notifications persist in your app, driving customer action and boosting engagement.
- Artificial intelligence: Sendbird's AI capabilities can be integrated into your app to enhance customer interactions and improve efficiency.
- Integration with CRM systems: Sendbird can be seamlessly integrated with your existing CRM system, maximizing its messaging capabilities.
These are just a few of the many features that Sendbird offers. To explore more, head over to their website at sendbird.com.
Sendbird offers different plans to cater to the needs of different businesses. They have a Developer plan, which is free and allows you to try out all the pro features. It includes 100 monthly active users (MAU) and 10 peak concurrent connections.
If you need more, they offer the Starter plan at $399/month, which includes modern messaging essentials, basic moderation, and ticketed support. The Pro plan, priced at $599/month, includes all the Starter features and adds message translation, advanced moderation, and filters.
For larger businesses with millions of MAU, Sendbird offers the Enterprise plan with custom pricing. This plan includes all the Pro features, plus data export, the option for dedicated servers, and priority support.
If you want to know more about Sendbird's pricing, I've written a more in-depth review about it on my blog at sendbird pricing.
If you're considering alternatives to Sendbird, here are a few options you can explore:
- Twilio: Twilio is a popular cloud communications platform that offers a wide range of APIs for messaging, voice, and video.
- Firebase: Firebase, a product of Google, provides a comprehensive suite of development tools, including real-time database and cloud messaging.
- PubNub: PubNub is a global data stream network and real-time infrastructure-as-a-service platform that powers real-time applications at scale.
You can find more information about these alternatives on their respective websites.
Sendbird Review: Pros & Cons
Let's take a quick look at the pros and cons of using Sendbird:
- Powerful in-app communication APIs for chat, voice, and video
- Branded notifications that drive customer action
- Seamless integration with CRM systems
- Mobile-friendly support with human touch and AI capabilities
- High level of security and compliance standards
- Pricing might be a bit steep for smaller businesses
- Advanced features like message translation and advanced moderation are only available in higher-tier plans
Overall, Sendbird is a robust and versatile solution for in-app communication, and it's trusted by many top companies around the world.
To wrap it up, Sendbird is an excellent choice if you're looking to enhance your in-app communication experiences. Whether you want to boost customer engagement, increase conversions, or improve customer satisfaction, Sendbird has the features and capabilities to help you achieve your goals.
If you want to learn more about Sendbird or other SaaS products, don't forget to check out my blog at saas blog. Happy exploring!