Hey there! Upendra Varma here, and today we're going to dive into the world of Onesignal pricing. If you're considering using OneSignal for your business, it's important to understand the different plans and costs involved. So, let's get started!
OneSignal Pricing: Plans
OneSignal offers four different plans to choose from: Free, Growth, Professional, and Enterprise. Each plan comes with its own set of features and benefits. Let's take a closer look:
- Price: $0 per month
– Free access to all channels (message limits may apply)
– Limited Personalization
– Unlimited API Sends
– Intelligent Delivery
– A/B Testing
– GDPR Compliant
- Price: Starts at $9 per month
– Additional costs by channel (estimate your monthly cost)
– Standard Personalization
– Advanced In-App Messaging
– Message Throttling
– Confirmed Delivery
– GDPR Compliant + DPA
- Price: Starts at $99 per month
– Advanced Personalization
– Access to Journeys
– CSV Exports
– Custom Outcome Tracking
– 24/7 Prioritized Email
- Price: Custom
– Custom contract & additional features
– Volume-based discounting available
– More Advanced Personalization
– More Advanced Journeys
– Custom Contract, SLA & DPA
– Onboarding & 24/7 Support
– Advanced User Permissions
OneSignal Pricing: Which plan to pick?
Now that we know about the different plans, you might be wondering which one is the right fit for your business. Let me break it down for you:
- Free Plan: This plan is perfect for small businesses or startups that are just getting started with their messaging needs. It offers basic features and is a great way to test out OneSignal without any financial commitment.
- Growth Plan: If you're a growing business and need more advanced features like personalization and in-app messaging, the Growth Plan is a good choice. The starting price of $9 per month makes it affordable for businesses on a budget.
- Professional Plan: For businesses that require even more advanced personalization and access to Journeys, the Professional Plan is the way to go. With features like CSV exports and custom outcome tracking, this plan is ideal for businesses that need to track and analyze their messaging efforts.
- Enterprise Plan: If you're a large enterprise with complex messaging needs, the Enterprise Plan is the best option. With custom contracts, advanced personalization, and dedicated support, this plan is tailored to meet the specific requirements of your business.
OneSignal Pricing: Is it for you?
OneSignal offers a range of plans to cater to different user profiles, companies, and industries. Here are a few scenarios where OneSignal might be the perfect fit:
- Small Businesses: The Free or Growth Plan could be a great starting point for small businesses that want to engage with their customers through multiple channels without breaking the bank.
- Growing Startups: As a startup that's experiencing growth, the Growth Plan provides the right balance of features and pricing to help you scale your messaging efforts effectively.
- E-commerce Stores: If you run an e-commerce store and need advanced personalization and tracking capabilities, the Professional Plan offers the tools you need to deliver personalized messages to your customers.
- Large Enterprises: For large enterprises with complex messaging needs and high-volume sends, the Enterprise Plan provides the flexibility and support required to manage your messaging at scale.
If you want to dive deeper into the features and capabilities of OneSignal, I highly recommend checking out my in-depth review article on my blog onesignal review.
Choosing the right pricing plan for OneSignal depends on your specific business needs and budget. Whether you're a small business, growing startup, or large enterprise, OneSignal has a plan that can accommodate your messaging requirements. Make sure to visit my blog saas blog for more SaaS reviews and helpful insights.
Now go ahead and explore the world of OneSignal! Happy messaging!