Hey there! Upendra Varma here, and I'm excited to talk to you about the pricing plans for Codacy. If you're not familiar with Codacy, it's a fantastic B2B SaaS product that helps you catch problems earlier, improve faster, and create easier. So, let's dive into the different plans and costs that Codacy offers!
Codacy Pricing: Plans
Codacy offers two main plans: Open Source and Pro. Let's take a closer look at what each plan includes:
- Public cloud-based repositories: Unlimited
- GitHub, Bitbucket, and GitLab integration
- CI pipeline analysis: Best effort
- Static code analysis for 40+ ecosystems
- Static analysis for Infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
- Linter configuration files
- Slack and Jira integration
- IDE integration
- API access
- Customer support (email & chat)
- Codacy community access
- Active developers: Unlimited
- Repositories: Unlimited
- GitHub, Bitbucket, Jira, and PagerDuty integrations
- DORA metrics
- Pull request lifecycle metrics
- Lead and cycle time metrics
- SOC2 compliance
- Company, team, or repository view
- Annotate decisions and actions in time
- Shareable reporting
- Customer support (email & chat)
- 10,000 integration events per month
- 1 year data retention (3 months historical import)
Codacy Pricing: Which plan to pick?
Now that we know what each plan offers, let's talk about which plan might be the best fit for you. Here are my recommendations based on different use cases and price points:
- Open Source: If you're working on open source projects and need to analyze code quality in public cloud-based repositories, the Open Source plan is a great choice. It provides unlimited access to Codacy's features and is perfect for individual developers or small teams.
- Pro: If you're part of a larger organization or need more advanced features like DORA metrics and company-wide reporting, the Pro plan is the way to go. With unlimited active developers and repositories, it's suitable for teams of all sizes and offers additional integrations and metrics to help you improve your development process.
Codacy Pricing: Is it for you?
Now, you might be wondering if Codacy is the right fit for you. Here's a breakdown based on different user profiles, companies, and industries:
- Individual Developers: If you're a solo developer looking to improve the quality of your code and catch issues earlier, the Open Source plan is a great starting point.
- Small Teams and Startups: For small teams or startups that want to enhance their code quality and collaboration, the Open Source plan can provide all the necessary tools without breaking the bank.
- Medium to Large Companies: If you're part of a larger organization with multiple teams and repositories, the Pro plan offers advanced features, integrations, and metrics to help you streamline your development process and ensure high code quality.
So, whether you're an individual developer, a small team, or a large company, Codacy has a plan that suits your needs.
In conclusion, Codacy offers flexible pricing plans that cater to a wide range of users. Whether you're an open source developer or part of a larger organization, Codacy has the tools and features to help you improve code quality, catch issues earlier, and create better software.
If you want to learn more about Codacy, check out my in-depth review article on saas blog.
So, what are you waiting for? Head over to codacy.com and start boosting your code quality today!